4/17/2007

Dentists and Hardcover books

Thursday I go to the dentist. Now normally I would moan and groan over that. Not that I don’t like my dentist. I do. I’m picky about dentists. I’ve only gone to two in my entire life!

But Thursday, when I head to his office, I’ll be halfway to the closest Barnes and Noble. Now any trip to B&N is cause for celebration, but on Thursday I will go, coupon and BN Member card in hand, and get my copy of Alexander MacCall Smith’s newest book—The Good Husband of Zebra Drive, the eighth book in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series.

It’s not often I feel compelled to buy a book right when it comes out (well, it technically came out today, but I won’t get there until Thursday), but my husband and I love these books. We’ll probably fight over who gets to read it first.

So for the pleasure of reacquainting myself with characters that are old friends, I’ll gladly hand over my money. Even for a hardcover!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Luckily you saved your "dental" post by talking about books, LOL!!

I'm not as smart as you... I wrote a whole post today on dental things. Yuck.

I loved the Ladies Detective books... I think I read thru #5. I didn't even know there were more! Learn something new everyday, I guess.