10/08/2007

Did They Really Mean That?

Don’t you just love public signs that don’t really mean what they first imply? I found this one yesterday at the Cotton Bowl, site of the annual UT-OU football game.

It’s even funnier when seen with the sign on the other side of the steps.


Seriously, we had a great time at the State Fair indulging in our annual fried food binge. We watched part of the Waffle House Waffle Eat-Off. Those people are insane! After 2 minutes some had already eaten 12 waffles! We watched a cooking demonstration by the Executive chef at the Mansion on Turtle Creek—and even got to sample the dish afterwards. And we marveled at a sand castle of the Dallas skyline.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

I gotta admit, that's hilarious. Especially since I don't have a clue what they're really intending to say.

Anne Mateer said...

I'm glad someone else found it funny! My husband and I laughed about it all afternoon!

I think they meant you could leave through that gate at half time only. At least that's what I came up with after thinking about it for awhile.

Still, quite funny!

spaghettipie said...

That is completely hilarious. That's a good one to send to Letterman or Leno - whoever does those funny sign bits.