1/14/2008

Books, Books, Books

My friend Mary tagged me on this fun blogger game.

1. One book that changed your life.

Bright Captivity by Eugenia Price. I read this historical novel at a time when I was wrestling through issues in my own life. I resolved that I didn’t ever want to act as selfishly as the main character did, which pushed me to deepen my relationship with the Lord.

2. One book that you have read more than once.

Only ONE!!??!! I’ve read so many over and over. The one I’m re-reading now is The Train to Estelline by Jane Roberts Wood.

3. One book you would want on a desert island.

My Bible--with all its notes in the margins and dog-earred pages.

4. Two books that made you laugh.

The 2 ½ Pillars of Wisdom: The Von Igelfeld Trilogy by Alexander McCall Smith. I know, technically that’s three books, but I bought them as one volume and all three of them made me laugh out loud. Seriously. And since I count those three as one book, the other book that made me laugh is every Jeeves and Wooster novel by P.G. Wodehouse. Love ‘em!

5. One book that made you cry.

My family would say that every book makes me cry, but I guess I’ll go with Jane Eyre. I read it again in 2007. I can’t help it.

6. One book you wish you'd written.

Little Women. I love that it spans so much of the girls’ lives and that its characters and story still impact girls and women today.

7. One book you wish had never been written.

The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. I had to read this book in college and I hated it!

8. Two books you are currently reading.

The Train to Estelline by Jane Roberts Wood and I don’t have a second book going at the moment.

9. One book you've been meaning to read.

Techniques of the Selling Writer by Dwight Swain.

10. Five people that I tag: Rachelle, Heather, Carla, Tina and Richard.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Lot of "one book"s in that list.
I don't like "one book"s.
But I'll try my hand at it. Should be fun. Thanks for including me in on the fun.
I'll post it, though, at www.heatheragoodman.com, not at this blogger ID, FYI.

carla stewart said...

Thanks for the tag. I'm with you on Alexander McCall Smith's trilogy. I bought the two I didn't have for my reading pile this year. I'll post later this morning.

Heather said...

I forgot to tell you that I put my meme up yesterday.