11/18/2011

Report from the Writing Cave

Just thought I'd give you a quick update from the writing cave. I'm 30,000 words into the new story, set in central Pennsylvania and revolving around a Home for Orphan and Friendless Children in 1910. Yippee!


That's the good news.


The bad news is that I'm 8,500 words behind where I wanted to be by now. And so it goes. I'm hoping to make up at least some of those words, but if I can even hit just 50,000 by month's end I'll be way ahead of where I started.


Ok, now back to writing. :)

2 comments:

Wendy Paine Miller said...

I grant myself some grace during this holiday time. Hope you'll be able to, too.

~ Wendy

Anne Mateer said...

Yes, I will. But it's funny. I'll probably get more done. Somehow when there is so much going on its easier to buckle down and do focused writing for two hours then enjoy all the other stuff as opposed to usual days when I have hours stretching out in front of me that somehow get frittered away!