7/16/2007

Sporatic Summer

I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth. Instead, I’ve taken two boys for their physicals and back and forth to football practices and the golf course. I’ve attended parties at friends’ houses, meet another friend for lunch, had some meetings at my kids’ school, celebrated both my sisters’ birthdays, attended two monthly critique groups and spent about five hours on the phone with the new mail order pharmacy company trying to get my prescription refills (which still aren’t here but are promised for tomorrow!)

A little writing has been done in between times. And my boys and I have almost finished our 1000 piece puzzle for the summer.

My daughter comes home on Thursday. (I’ve missed her so much!) We leave Saturday for a visit with my in-laws—meeting our brand-new niece, celebrating my husband’s grandmother’s eightieth birthday, and hanging out at the beach with my sister-in-law’s family for a few days.

Needless to say, my blogging will be sporadic until August. Ah, but the routine of the school year is close at hand!

1 comment:

Richard L. Mabry, MD said...

D'Ann,
It's called "life," and it makes your writing fuller and more realistic when you eventually have time to do it. Enjoy your family, enjoy the summer, and the words that are simmering in your head will eventually make it onto paper.