7/20/2007

Tagged for Reader and Writer Questions

My friend Richard tagged me on this writing-related questionnaire, so here goes:

1. What's the one book or writing project you haven't yet written but still hope to?

A novel loosely based on my grandmother’s experience (as a child) of the 1917 Influenza pandemic.

2. If you had one entire day in which to do nothing but read, what book would you start with?

Hmm. My “to read” bookshelf is full of fun and eclectic authors like Maeve Binchy, Lisa Samson, Susan Meissner, John Le Carre, Alexander McCall Smith, Daphne Du Maurier, Anne Perry, and others. And of course there are the classics that I love and the ones I still want to read. And a slew of YA books I would re-read and others I’d like to experience. And then there are the new titles I’m waiting for from some of my favorite authors. So to answer the question: it would depend on my mood for that day!

3. What was your first writing "instrument" (besides pen and paper)?

I went straight from paper and pen to a computer. My short typewriter phase only produced papers for my college classes.

4. What's your best guess as to how many books you read in a month?

I know this, because I keep a list! The average for a year is 5 a month. The most has been something like 10, usually in the summer.

5. What's your favorite writing "machine" you've ever owned?

I’m not sure I’ve had a “favorite.” All of my computers have been adequately functional.

6. Think historical fiction: what's your favorite time period in which to read? (And if you don't read historical fiction--shame on you.)

I never have just one! I love many of the “war” eras—Revolutionary, Civil, WWI, WWII. I also enjoy Regency and Victorian.

7. What's the one book you remember most clearly from your youth (childhood or teens)?

I hate these “one book” questions! My answer is the whole Little House on the Prairie set. I think I’ve read through them upwards of twenty times—and still re-read them every couple of years!

So now you know a little more about me as a reader and a writer. I’m supposed to tag other bloggers now, so Tina, Robin, and Heather, let’s hear your answers!

4 comments:

Richard L. Mabry, MD said...

D'Ann,
Thanks for responding to the "tag." Interesting stuff. But directly from pen and paper to computer? Such a youngster.

Heather said...

Me Heather? Or another Heather? You know, either way, I'm gonna do it because I love these types of memes all readerly and writerly. I'm very impressed you keep lists, by the way.

Anne Mateer said...

You, Heather! I tried to link your name to your blog but it wasn't working today (or else I'm doing something wrong, which is quite possible!)

spaghettipie said...

Challenge accepted and posted.