4/11/2012

The Mother Road by Jennifer AlLee


What do I love about Jennifer AlLee’s books? Her characters are so real. First The Pastor’s Wife. Now, The Mother Road. (And coming in the fall, A Wild Goose Chase Christmas.)





The Mother Road is the story of two estranged sisters who take to Route 66 on a road trip to visit their parents. Besides being 13 years apart in age and miles apart in education, career, and faith, the two woman have in common that both of their lives have taken turns they didn’t expect. Dealing with the fact that their mother has Alzheimer’s adds to the complications in their relationship. 

Like our real life relationships and situations, the issues Natalie and LIndsey face do not have easy solutions. But also like our real lives, the Lord provides others who give grace when things fall apart and support as they try to untangle the knots that bind them. 

The Mother Road is a great read I highly recommend. 

6 comments:

Jennifer AlLee said...

Thank you so much, Anne! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it :+)

carla stewart said...

I agree, Anne! I loved all the Route 66 trip and the poignancy with the girls' mom. Great read!

Jennifer AlLee said...

Thanks so much, Carla! You make me smile :+)

Anne Mateer said...

Yes, I loved the complicated sister and mother relationships. So real.

Joanne Bischof said...

It sounds like a great book! I downloaded the kindle and I can't wait to read it. Congrats, Jennifer!!

Debra E. Marvin said...

I'm halfway through it. Loving it, Jennifer.